Tuesday, August 15, 2006

On Writing

Whatever writing is to most people it isn't to me.
It's a chore,
It's stupid and a waste of time,
I hate writing,
I suck at writing.

That's typically what I've heard from people who LOVE to read but Hate to write.

I love both to the point that I've amassed all these notebooks from Staples and the 99 cents Store just to keep up with my output of ideas. I don't just hoard them like some crazy loon though, I write stories, some connected to this epic I'm writing, not to be confused with the Great American Novel that every red blooded American is supposed to write. I think that's a bunch of Shite, plain and simple. There will never be one Great American Novel. To many Americans have been trying and will try. Despite what the rest of the world thinks, we are a very talented lot, even if they do think us barbarians.

Sorry for the tangent.
anywho, this is yet another form of getting rid of the crap that's in my head so that I can write my story. If anything just to entertain myself, don't really care if no one else in the world reads this, it's here if you want it, it'll be here if you don't. The beauty of the Internet.

1 comment:

introhvert said...

i read it. lol. writing is fun when you have ideas. but its fruuuuustrating when you don't. reading is cool too. when it's interesting or very informative.